Washington Navy Yard, DC Summer Camps

Results 1-5 of 5 Find Washington Navy Yard, DC Summer Camps for kids & teens and choose your summer camp program: day, overnight & specialty featuring the amount of activities including, building, and programming are limitless..
Robotics Camp At Woods Academy - Bethesda, Md
6801 Greentree Road, Bethesda, MD 20817  
The amount of activities including
Burgundy Farm Summer Day Camp
Alexandria, VA 22303  
Arts and Crafts, Ceramics/Pottery, Computer
Browne Summer Camp
Alexandria, VA 22310  
Academics, Arts and Crafts, Camping
Congressional Camp
Falls Church, VA 22042  
Archery, Arts and Crafts, Basketball
Friends Of The National Zoo
Washington, DC 20013  
Academics, Arts and Crafts, Nature/Environmental

Summer Camps in Washington Navy Yard, DC

Find more summer camps by typing the desired CITY, State or ZIP CODE in the Search Box or search by Activity or Camp name.
You can also use our Advanced Search feature.

About Washington Navy Yard, DC

The Washington Navy Yard is the former shipyard and ordnance plant of the United States Navy in Southeast Washington, D.C. It is the oldest shore establishment of the U.S. Navy. The history of the yard can be divided into its military history and cultural and scientific history.


See also: History of the United States Navy and History of Washington, D.C. The land was purchased under an Act of Congress on July 23, 1799. The Washington Navy Yard was established on October 2, 1799, the date the property was transferred to the Navy. It is the oldest shore establishment of the U.S. Navy. The Yard was built under the direction of Benjamin Stoddert, the first Secretary of the Navy, under the supervision of the Yard's first commandant, Commodore Thomas Tingey, who served in that capacity for 29 years. The original boundaries that were established in 1800, along 9th and M Street SE, are still marked by a white brick wall that surrounds the Yard on the north and east sides. The next year, two additional lots were purchased. The north wall of the Yard was built in 1809 along with a guardhouse, now known as the Latrobe Gate. After the Burning of Washington in 1814, Tingey recommended that the height of the eastern wall be increased to ten feet because of the fire and subsequent looting. The southern boundary...