Greendale, WI Summer Camps

Results 1-5 of 5 Find Greendale, WI Summer Camps for kids & teens and choose your summer camp program: day, overnight & specialty featuring archery, arts and crafts, boating, camping skills/outdoor living, canoeing, kayaking.
 
Camp Silverbrook
Milwaukee, WI 53214  
Archery, Arts and Crafts, Boating
 
 
Lake Valley Day Camp
Milwaukee, WI 53205  
Arts and Crafts, Community Service
 
 
Lake Valley Camp
Milwaukee, WI  
Academic and Pre-College Camps: Leadership
 
 
Milwaukee Community Sailing Center
Milwaukee, WI  
Adventure Camps: Sailing
 
 
Salvation Army Day Camp
Milwaukee, WI  
Traditional Camps
 

Summer Camps in Greendale, WI

Find more summer camps by typing the desired CITY, State or ZIP CODE in the Search Box or search by Activity or Camp name.
You can also use our Advanced Search feature.

About Greendale, WI

Greendale is a village in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 14,405 at the 2000 census. Greendale was settled in 1939 as a public cooperative community in the New Deal Era. Construction of the new town would create jobs and thus help stimulate the national economic recovery following the Great Depression. Greendale, which provided good housing at reasonable rents for moderate income urban families, was one of three "greenbelt" towns planned beginning in 1935 under the direction of Rexford Guy Tugwell, head of the United States Resettlement Administration, under authority of the Emergency Relief Appropriation Act. The two other greenbelt towns are Greenbelt, Maryland and Greenhills, Ohio . The greenbelt towns not only provided work and affordable housing, but also served as a laboratory for experiments in innovative urban planning. Greendale's plan was designed between 1936 and 1937 by a staff headed by Joseph Crane, Elbert Peets, Harry Bentley, and Walter C. Thomas for a site that had formerly consisted of 3,400 acres of farmland. Construction began on Greendale in July 1936 by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and, despite a movers strike, the first courageous families moved in on April 30, 1938. The original downtown included a Village Hall, several businesses, and 572 living units in 366 buildings, each with an average of 5,000 square feet of space for lawns and gardens. The village...