Finksburg, MD Summer Camps

Results 1-5 of 5 Find Finksburg, MD Summer Camps for kids & teens and choose your summer camp program: day, overnight & specialty featuring aquatic activities, arts and crafts, camping skills/outdoor living, canoeing, hiking.
 
Carroll County 4-h Youth Devel
Westminster, MD 21157  
Aquatic Activities, Arts and Crafts
 
 
Beth Tfiloh Camps
Reisterstown, MD 21136  
Aquatic Activities, Arts and Crafts
 
 
Camp Milldale
Reisterstown, MD  
Aquatic Activities, Canoeing, Challenge/Rope Courses
 
 
Camp Farthest Out Inc
Sykesville, MD  
Academics, Arts and Crafts, Baseball/Softball
 
 
Milldale Camp
Reisterstown, MD 21136  
Canoeing, Challenge/Rope Courses, Climbing/Rappelling, Counselor
 

Summer Camps in Finksburg, MD

Find more summer camps by typing the desired CITY, State or ZIP CODE in the Search Box or search by Activity or Camp name.
You can also use our Advanced Search feature.

About Finksburg, MD

Finksburg is an unincorporated community in Carroll County, Maryland, United States. It is the location of the National Security Agency's EKMS Central Facility. Finksburg is located at the intersection of Maryland Route 91 and Maryland Route 140, on the border of Carroll and Baltimore counties. It is an unincorporated area about one mile northwest of the Liberty Reservoir and six miles southeast of Westminster, Maryland. 1849 - Edward Remington and the Patapsco Mining Company opened cobalt mines near Finksburg 1855 - Western Maryland Railroad reached Finksburg 1856 - A. L. Hoover was postmaster of Finksburg, earning $63.60 for the year 1858 - Cobalt mining was unprofitable and mines were closed for financial reasons 1866 - Baseball was the most popular sport, the "Star" of Finksburg was the local club 1873 - The Alpha Farmers' Club of Carroll County was established 1881 - The Finksburg Literary Society organized lecturers for Friday night meetings at the Mechanics' Hall. Admission was 5 cents. 1888 - L. A. J. Lamotte operated a business for canning corn 1935 - Sandymount Elementary School began as a three-room stone building consolidating the smaller one room schools of Reese, Bethel, and Sandymount. Timeline information taken from, unless otherwise noted: Warner, Nancy, Ralph Levering and Margaret Taylor Woltz. Carroll County Maryland: A History 1837-1976. Carroll County Bicentennial Committee, 1976. Cold Saturday was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008. Taylor-Manning-Leppo House was listed in 2009. Coordinates: 39°29′34″N 76°53′22″W / 39.49278°N 76.88944°W / 39.49278; -76.88944