Essex, MD Summer Camps

Results 1-5 of 5 Find Essex, MD Summer Camps for kids & teens and choose your summer camp program: day, overnight & specialty featuring aquatic activities, arts and crafts, camping skills/outdoor living, challenge/rope courses.




 
Harford County Family Ymca Day
Joppa, MD 21085  
Aquatic Activities, Arts And Crafts
 
 
Towson Family Ymca Day Camp
Towson, MD 21204  
Counselor Training (CIT), Drama, Drawing/Painting
 
 
Weinberg Ymca
Baltimore, MD 21201  
Arts And Crafts, Basketball, Dance
 
 
Western Family Ymca Day Camp
Newark, DE 21201  
Aquatic Activities, Archery, Baseball/Softball, Basketball
 
 
Y Camp At Catonsville Family Center
Baltimore, MD  
Arts and Crafts, Basketball, Counselor
 

Summer Camps in Essex, MD

Find more summer camps by typing the desired CITY, State or ZIP CODE in the Search Box or search by Activity or Camp name.
You can also use our Advanced Search feature.

About Essex, MD

Essex is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. The population was 39,262 at the 2010 census. Originally, Essex was ten blocks, running from Mace Avenue to Marlyn Avenue. It was begun in 1909 by the Taylor Land Company for those residents in Baltimore who wanted a place outside the city limits to perhaps grow a garden or to pursue some other rural activity. Land was cheap, and sales were enhanced by a promotional pamphlet. Henry Guttenberger built the first general store in Essex in 1910 on the corner of Eastern Avenue and Mace Avenue. Between 1911 and 1912, the Taylor Land Company donated the lots for Essex Methodist and St. John's Lutheran churches. They also donated the land where the volunteer fire department built their station. The permanent fire station opened in 1921. CCBC - Essex Campus - June 2005 With the ever-growing population came the need to build schools. The elementary school opened in 1925 with 400 students. Essex Community College, now CCBC-Essex, was founded in 1957. Classes were first held at Kenwood High School, with fifty part-time and nine full-time students. In 1961, the college moved to Dorsey Avenue, and in 1968 moved to its present location, in Rossville. This site was owned by the Mace family, and the family burial plot is maintained and protected by the college. A fire...